Village of LeRoy
4x4ft Barn Quilt - Village Trail
This green and yellow barn quilt hangs on the fence of a Victorian house which was built in 1885 by Frank Wooding. Notice the combination of ornamental wood sheathing which includes clapboards, shingles and flush vertical boards. The chamfered corners with incised brackets are often found in homes of this period. Frank Wooding called the property “The Three Maples.” The house would eventually be sold to Donald Woodward, who in 1928, converted 150 acres of LeRoy farmland into the Donald Woodward Airport.