Feb 9, 2020
Multiplatinum, four-time Grammy-nominated rock band Goo Goo Dolls have announced a summer North American headlining tour, that includes a stop at Darien Lake Amphitheater.
The announcement comes on the heels of the band’s latest studio album – its 12th – “Miracle Pill” (Warner Records), that officially arrived September 2019.
Tuesday, the band also released a new live concert video for “Autumn Leaves,” a track from “Miracle Pill.” The album also features pop anthem “Fearless,” which was added to the Los Angeles Dodgers’ in-stadium playlist last season.
The tour kicks off July 23 in Boise, Idaho, and runs through Sept. 5, ending in Los Angeles.
The tour stops Aug. 16 at Six Flags Darien Lake, near the band’s hometown of Buffalo, and will include Lifehouse, which first gained fame with 2001’s number two-charting hit “Hanging by a Moment,” and Forest Blank. Lifehouse drummer Rick Woolstenhulme has toured with the Goo Goo Dolls in the past.
Other nearby tour dates include Aug. 10 in Toronto, Aug. 12 in Cleveland and Aug. 16 in Syracuse at the St. Joseph’s Health Amphitheater at Lakeview.
Tickets, which cost $25 to $129.50, go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday. To purchase tickets, visit LiveNation.com and or Ticketmaster.com. For the Darien Lake date, every paid ticket includes free same day admission to the theme park. Lawn four packs are also available for Darien Lake.
Other recent concert announcements:
- Country singer Chris Stapleton brings his “All-American Road Show” to Darien Lake on July 23. The 7 p.m. show will include guests Sheryl Crow and Kendell Marvel. Tickets, which cost $39.75 to $119.75, go on sale 10 a.m. Friday at livenation.com and Ticketmaster.
- Incubus stops Aug. 19 at Darien Lake. A new Incubus EP, “Trust Fall (Side B)” is due out in April and will include current single “Our Love” and last year’s “Into the Summer.” The band’s summer tour will include 311 and Badflower. The tour marks the first time in 20 years that Incubus and 311 have toured together. Show time is 6:45 p.m. Tickets, which cost $29.50 to $129.50, go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday at livenation.com and Ticketmaster. Each paid ticket includes free same day admission to the theme park.
- Tickets go on sale Feb. 14 for Sam Hunt’s Aug. 27 date at Darien Lake. The 7 p.m. show, part of Hunt’s “The Southside Summer Tour,” includes Kip Moore, Travis Denning, Ernest and a DJ set by Brandi Cyrus. Hunt’s “Southside” album, which includes his current hit “Kinfolks,” is due April 3. Ticket prices range from $39.50 to $109.50 and include free same day admission to the theme park.
Tickets are already on sale for these previously announced shows:
- Nickelback has a July 3 date at Darien Lake, with Stone Temple Pilots, Tyler Bryant and The Shakedown. Show time is 6:30 p.m. Tickets, which cost $25 to $139, are available at livenation.com and Ticketmaster and include free same day theme park admission.
- Luke Bryan has a June 18 date at Darien Lake, the first of three shows as part of the amphitheater’s Country Megaticket series. Bryan will be joined by Morgan Wallen and Caylee Hammack. Tickets for Bryan’s show are $43.50 to $113.50.
Other Country MegaTicket shows include Chris Young, with Scotty McCreery and Payton Smith on July 11 and Rascal Flatts, with special guests to be announced, on Sept. 5. The Country MegaTicket, which allows for one ticket to be purchased that grants access to all three shows, costs $89 to $350. Tickets and more information available online at megaticket.com.
By Press Release, Batavia Daily News