Jul 19, 2013
It was a lot of work, says Sue Conklin, county historian, for facilities management staff to move all of the county's archives and historical documents from the old firehouse on West Main Street to County Building #2.
The staff moved:
- 1,690 archival items in 575 boxes
- The research collection of 3,082 books and 666 notebooks
- 519 bound volumes of newspapers
- 7 large wall maps, 19 pen and ink drawings, 19 watercolors and 30 framed photographs
- 39 filing cabinets and 3 map cases
Plus staff had to disassemble and reassemble 21 bookcases, 23-foot-long newspaper shelving and all of the shelving for the county archives.