GLOW OUT! and GO ART! are proud to present a full calendar of events to celebrate Pride Month!
LGBTQ+ members of the GLOW region crave the opportunity to come together in a safe, uplifting space and to allow the greater community to express their support and appreciation. Moments of such radical inclusion, affirmation, and representation in our conservative, rural community can be life-changing to members all along the gender and sexual orientation spectrum. This show of love and appreciation empowers our LGBTQ+ community to be proud of who they are and to continue to be brave in an often scary or challenging world.
Additionally, pride festivals help to advance social acceptance by bringing awareness of the LGBTQ+ experience and culture to the community at large. A multitude of allies including individuals, families, churches, organizations, and corporations that participate in the event, whether through sponsorships or attendance, show visible support and connection. Whether a person has never met an openly LGBTQ+ person or they are one, we hope that you consider joining us in a variety of events that bring the community together for a wonderful cause.
- Friday, May 26, 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm: LGBTQ+ Professionals Happy Hour @ GO ART!
- Thursday, June 1, 5:00 pm: Youth-led Flag Raising Ceremony @ The Jerome Center War Memorial
- Thursday, June 1, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm: Block Party & Rainbow Court Crowning @ First Presbyterian Church of Batavia
- Thursday, June 1, 8:30 pm: Old Courthouse Rainbow Lighting @ The Old County Courthouse
- Friday, June 9, 4:30 pm - 10:00 pm: Parade, Vendor Fair, Food Trucks, and Festival @ The City Centre
- Saturday, June 10, 10:00 am: Drag Queen Story Hour @ Richmond Memorial Library
- Saturday, June 10, 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Drag Bingo @ GO ART!
- Saturday, June 10, 8:00 pm – 12:00 am: Karaoke & Piano Bar Night @ GO ART!
- Friday, June 23, 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm: Fabulous Fourth Friday at Tavern 2.o.1