Join our expert naturalists for Firefly Fridays, a family-friendly evening hike across our Oatka Creek meadow. This behind-the-scenes location of the Museum property is the perfect place to learn all about fireflies and their powers of bioluminescence, right in their natural habit. Pre-registration is required and tickets will go in a flash for this popular program!
Light up your summer nights!
Fireflies, also known as lightning bugs, glowworms, or members of the Lampyridae family, are magical little creatures. Come join us to learn more about them and their powers of bioluminescence, right in their natural habitat. Bring your family for a guided evening hike across our Oatka Creek meadow, behind the scenes of the museum.
- Wear boots or sturdy walking shoes.
- Pants and long sleeves are recommended.
- We will provide bug nets, jars, and guides for learning about fireflies.
- Please arrive at the Nature Center Building to check-in 15 minutes early.
- Be advised that the Oatka Creek is located approximately ONE MILE from the Nature Center Building.
- Masks required. Click here for more COVID-19 information.
$10 Adult / $9 Member Adult
$7 Youth (ages 3-12) / $6 Member Youth
Family/ Group (6+): $1 Discount off each ticket (members included)
Call 585-294-8218 for discount code
Save the date -- registrations available shortly!