Enjoy a beautiful summer day celebrating dads at GCV&M!
In celebration of fathers everywhere, all dads are FREE ADMISSION to the museum on Sunday, June 17! (No ID required.)
Visit the farm and its animals, explore an octagon-shaped house, stop by the potter and blacksmith, see cooking demonstrations, and even visit a real 19th-century working brewery (and try some of our ales or hard cider).
2019 activities to come - take a look at last year's fun!
- Take in a vintage base ball double-header at Silver Base Ball Park, played by 1868 rules before the introduction of gloves and other protective equipment. Games are at 11:00am and 1:00pm.
- Try your hand at splitting rails.
- Join Professor Lowe as he demonstrates the fascinating, bang-up chemical process that generated hydrogen during the Civil War. The highly flammable, lighter-than-air gas floated Union spies above Confederate lines in gas-filled balloons. (11:30am)
- Taste ginger beer or pickled asparagus.
- Load up on steak-and-ale pies at the Confectionery.
- Learn all about 19th-century facial hair fashions and even get some tips on styling your ‘stache. You might even join in an 1864 ditty about the moustache. (1:00pm)
- And if you don’t have a mustache, you can make your own.
- Discover how the fathers that live in in the forest apply unique parenting styles. Meet at the nature center. (1:30pm)
- Explore the gallery's new exhibits.
General admission prices apply for all other visitors.