The Celts in Western New York played a major role in shaping the history of the Genesee Country. This special festival will celebrate the culture, history and traditions of the Scots and Irish through musical performances by regional pipe bands, dance demonstrations from local schools and an array of authentic food and drinks to satisfy your palate.
New this year will be a sheep herding demonstration throughout the day with Jean Barrett of The Dog & Ewe. Included are two flocks of sheep, a brace of ducks and several Australian shepherds and border collies.
The following organizations will also be featured:
- The Rochester Scottish Pipes and Drums
- Feadán Òr
- The Goodwin Academy of Irish Dance
- Harpist Mary Lester
- Gates Keystone Club Police Pipes & Drums
- Rochester Strathspey & Reel Society
- Drumcliffe School of Irish Dance
- Irish Rochester Musician’s Association
Don't forget to bring your màileid-pòca with you to browse at the street of merchants. Shop at the Flint Hill Store, Village Mercantile and visit specialty vendors.
Ticket info coming soon!