Coasters, Concerts & Campfires: Summer Fun at Darien Lake Amusement Park
Rediscover the joy of family vacations at Darien Lake Amusement Park! Since 1964, Darien Lake has been the warm weather destination for Western New York and beyond. The ultimate family destination, you can find something to do from ages 2 – 92. Let’s break it down.
As New York State’s Coaster Capital, Darien has plenty of rides that will thrill, excite, and surely make you scream. With 11 thrill rides, eight of which are roller coasters, there’s no shortage of options for a good time. Take on the brand-new Tantrum Coaster, with a 98-foot vertical lift at a 90-degree angle that takes you beyond vertical. Or take your fun upside-down with Rolling Thunder, a 7-story steel loop of pure adrenaline! Favorites like the Ride of Steel, Mind Eraser, and Boomerang also make for a thrilling adventure.
For those who like their fun with less drops (and twists and turns), there are 17 family-friendly rides, with thrills ranging from mild to moderate. Hop on the Giant Wheel and see the whole park from a bird’s eye view. Race around the Grand Prix Speedway or relax with a ride around the Grande Carousel. Darien Lake has 10 kid specific rides, including the Darien Lake Railway and the Hoot 'N' Holler mini roller coaster, perfect for young riders and mini thrill seekers.
After a morning of dry rides, cool off with a splash! At Grizzly Run rapids adventure or the daring Shipwreck Falls you don’t have to change into your swimsuit – but you might just want to. Riders and spectators alike feel the full force of wet and wild waves on both rides.
In Splashtown, eight more waterpark rides prove that there’s no better way to beat the summer sun than at Darien Lake. Cruise down the Flotation Station lazy river, or take a dip in Crocodile Isle, the 600,000-gallon wave pool. Then keep the adventure going with a whirlwind ride down the Brain Drain, which drops you over 300 feet down in just 10 seconds! End with endless runs down the Swirl City Slide Complex. The giant complex has four completely different (and equally exhilarating) water slide experiences.
Stay the Night
Can’t get enough of the fun? Keep it going with an overnight stay (or two) at Darien Lake. With six (yes, six!) different ways to hit the hay, there’s a good night sleep awaits.
Bonus: All vacation packages come with park admission if you book through the Darien Lake website.
The park has:
- Six cabin villages. Choose from basic to deluxe cabins, located lakeside or just steps away from the park. Wifi and Cable TV are available, but renters have the option to skip the tech and opt for a more unplugged vacation.
- Camping grounds. Ranging from tents to RVs, with pull-thru RV sites, full hook up sites and tent sites with water and electric. Relax and reconnect with nature.
- RV rentals. Don’t have your own RV but want to try it out? No problem. With four different kinds of rentals available, it’s the perfect way to dip your toes into RV life.
- Camping meets luxury. “Ready-made” glamping sites stocked with platform canvas tents are the perfect way to enjoy nature right from the comfort of your Queen-sized bed.
- Guest Houses. All the luxury and convenience you expect on vacation. With four bedrooms, AC, a grill, washer and dryer, Wi-Fi, cable and two bathrooms, it’s everything you need to bring (and please) the whole family.
- Located on picturesque Darien Lake, the Lodge on the Lake is steps away from the park and offers a special “Forts-O-Fun Kids Suite”. This one of a kind suite has a room for mom and dad and separate room with bunk beds for the little ones.
Laser Light Show – Nightly!
End the evenings with the Darien Lake's Ignite the Night-Colorblast, a full-spectrum laser extravaganza that will stimulate the senses and inspire the imagination. Starting at 10:10pm each night after the park closes, catch a 30-minute performance where music, water, fire, video, and pyrotechnics come together. The show is in the air, on the stage and all around! Take it all in – or be a part of the action and purchase an Interactive Color Glow Wand at the start of the performance. With more than 90 shows this season, it’s a can’t-miss experience at Darien Lake.
Huge Concert Line Up
The Darien Lake Amphitheater is operated by Live Nation amphitheater and has a full line up of national acts scheduled this season. Again this year, concert tickets include same day, complimentary access to the amusement park, so come early and enjoy a full day of fun! Tickets to select shows can be combined with lodging. Concert information is available at: https://darienlake.com/concerts.
With so much to offer this summer and new events taking place every week, Darien Lake is always worth a visit!