Jun 10, 2012
Submitted by Howard Owens on June 10, 2012 - 11:26am
On June 8, 200 years ago, the most western part of what is now Genesee County was divided from Batavia and became the Town of Pembroke.
That event was celebrated in the town park Saturday with proclamations, music, food and fireworks.
Local reenactors were also on hand to give a little insight on what life was like in WNY in 1812 (We'll have a separate post about the reenactors later).